Pentrepoeth Primary Parents' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr Bussy's presentation on the maths curriculum

2 posters

Go down

Mr Bussy's presentation on the maths curriculum Empty Mr Bussy's presentation on the maths curriculum

Post  Admin Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:48 pm

I just want to mention that this was a great initiative by the school. Over 70 parents attended to receive an overview into the teaching methods employed at the school. These methods are different to those we learnt at school (my Canadian education was much the same) and seem backward at first. But once my eldest had explained the method I began to grasp it and Mr Bussy's presentation gave depth to my eldest's interpretation. I won't go into methodology except to say that the way our kids' are taught is the way you calculate equations in your head. It's an intuitive way of approaching learning, to establish the child's understanding of how the basic building blocks of simple mathematics work.

The presentation will undoubtedly help in communicating effectively with the children and being able to smoothly address any issues they may have with homework. It will avoid having to try and figure out (usually by piecing together bits of explanation from the child) what method is being utilised to solve an equation before being able to actually help with the homework. Great stuff!

Admin
Admin

https://pentrepoeth.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mr Bussy's presentation on the maths curriculum Empty maths session

Post  mum1 Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:28 am

I also went to Mr Bussys maths session and I thought it was fab. I can't wait for the next one on fractions, decimals etc.

mum1

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum